
Okay...so I just finished with yardwork and I can't believe how hot AND humid it is here. We had a crazy night of rain on Thursday. We actually received over 2 inches of rain in about an hour. Needless to say, due to the poor drain system we have here, the streets resembled creeks rather than roads. At least the yardwork is finished and I can spend the rest of the day with my girls.
So I'll be heading out to Illinois for the week with Dani. My girls aren't able to go with since they'll be in Hawaii with their mother, but that's ok...I figure that is a once in a lifetime trip for them so I hope they have a really good time. Dani and I will be staying with her parents and that should be a lot of fun. Her parents are really nice and neat people and I always enjoy the opportunity to spend time with them. Since being approved to work from home permanently, it is nice to know that I won't have to take any vacation in order to travel like this...although I am taking a day off so that Dani and I can simply enjoy the visit more. I am looking forward to several games of "washers" with her father (it's a game where you literally toss 2" washers at a board with three holes with different point values). I have become pretty good at it and even received a set of my own from her dad...it was really cool. I just have to paint it now and give it some personality (hmmm...I see Dallas Cowboys colors in the near future).
Other than that, there isn't much going on that one would consider exciting. Oh well...life goes on, work is work, and we do what we have to in order to survive. I hope life is treating you all well and we get a chance to visit or talk soon. Bye for now.
So I'll be heading out to Illinois for the week with Dani. My girls aren't able to go with since they'll be in Hawaii with their mother, but that's ok...I figure that is a once in a lifetime trip for them so I hope they have a really good time. Dani and I will be staying with her parents and that should be a lot of fun. Her parents are really nice and neat people and I always enjoy the opportunity to spend time with them. Since being approved to work from home permanently, it is nice to know that I won't have to take any vacation in order to travel like this...although I am taking a day off so that Dani and I can simply enjoy the visit more. I am looking forward to several games of "washers" with her father (it's a game where you literally toss 2" washers at a board with three holes with different point values). I have become pretty good at it and even received a set of my own from her dad...it was really cool. I just have to paint it now and give it some personality (hmmm...I see Dallas Cowboys colors in the near future).
Other than that, there isn't much going on that one would consider exciting. Oh well...life goes on, work is work, and we do what we have to in order to survive. I hope life is treating you all well and we get a chance to visit or talk soon. Bye for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment